Create Identification Easily with Blank Plastic ID Cards
Blank Plastic ID Cards
Blank Plastic ID Cards
Plastic ID cards are used for everything from employee office passes to retail memberships and credit cards. Blank plastic cards come in many sizes, colors, and materials, allowing for custom design and features for each application. In this article, we'll take a look at the features, benefits, pros and cons, case studies, FAQs, mistakes people make, and best practices of blank plastic ID cards.
Blank plastic ID cards come in many sizes and shapes to suit different needs. The cards vary in thickness, size and width, and can include lamination or embossing. Depending on the application, cards may need to include slots for keychains, holographic stickers, personalized embossing, and more. Cards are available with flexible, PVC or polyester materials that are impact- and scratch-resistant. Additionally, cards may be printed with any sequence of numbers or letters, or contain a magnetic strip, signature panel, or barcode.
Blank plastic ID cards offer many advantages to businesses and organizations. They offer easy identification of individuals, which improves security. Additionally, they can be used to control access to restricted areas, monitor attendance, and store loyalty and information about customers or members. Plastic ID cards are also durable and can resist fading, making them ideal for long-term use.
Pros and Cons
Pros of blank plastic ID cards include:
- Easy to print and customize
- Available in multiple sizes and shapes
- Durable and resistant to fading
- Can contain magnetic strips, barcodes, and signature panels
Cons of blank plastic ID cards include:
- More expensive than paper cards
- Lamination and features add to the cost
- Cards need to be replaced periodically
Employee Office Passes
One company used blank plastic ID cards to provide employee office passes. The cards enable the business to control employee access to areas such as the accounting floor and secure documents. Additionally, the cards came with signature panels where employees could write their initials to verify access.
Retail Store Membership Program
Another business designed custom plastic ID cards for a retail store membership program. The cards included a loyalty program barcode, a unique customer ID number, and a bright, eye-catching design. The store was able to track customer purchases and reward customers for loyal patronage.
- Are blank plastic ID cards durable?
- Yes, blank plastic ID cards are highly durable and resistant to fading, making them ideal for long-term use.
- Can blank plastic ID cards have magnetic strips?
- Yes, magnetic strips can be included on a blank plastic ID card so that the card can be swiped at checkout.
Mistakes People Make
When using blank plastic ID cards, some common mistakes include:
- Using cards that are too thin or too small. Although thinner cards are less expensive, they are not as durable and may not last as long.
- Not using durable materials. Blank plastic ID cards should be made of durable, impact- and scratch-resistant materials to ensure they last.
- Using cards with low-quality printing. Using low-quality printing can result in smudges, blurry images, or illegible text.
When using blank plastic ID cards, it's important to follow best practices. Here are some tips:
- Choose the right size and thickness. Make sure the cards are thick enough to last, but not so thick that they will be too bulky.
- Pick the right material. Vinyl and PVC are the most popular materials for blank plastic ID cards.
- Use high-quality printing. Make sure the text is clear and legible, and there are no smudges or blurred images.
- Include features as needed. Some common features are magnetic strips, barcodes, and signature panels.
Blank plastic ID cards are an important tool, offering businesses and organizations a reliable way to control access, monitor attendance, and store loyalty information. However, it's important to use the right cards for the job, as they should be the right size, made of the right material, and include the necessary features. When used correctly, blank plastic ID cards can provide a secure, efficient, and long-lasting solution.